Application Requirements / Deadlines
Required for Fellowship
- Board Eligible or Current Certificate in Pediatric, Family Medicine, Internal Medicine or ER.
- Applicants must be a U.S. citizen, Permanent Resident, have work authorization, or J1 visa status.
- The hospital does not support H1 status visas.
- All applications will be processed through ERAS. No paper submissions will be accepted. Our program is officially listed under Pediatric Sports Medicine - Case Western Reserve University / University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center / Rainbow Babies and Children's Hospital Program.
- All applicants will proceed through the match at NRMP. Our program is officially listed as Case Western / University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center – OH.
- NRMP Traditional Track #1552333F0
- NRMP Osteopathic Track #1552333F1
Applications for the upcoming academic year will be accepted on ERAS beginning July 1
- Invitations for interviews occurs on a rolling basis. So early completion of applications is strongly recommended.
- Interviews are typically offered by mid-August. We strongly encourage early completion of applications for this reason.
Your application will be complete when the following are received:
- A completed ERAS application.
- Your ERAS application should list all Sports Medicine related rotations, coverage experiences, and conference attendance.
- A minimum of three letters of recommendation, including one from your Residency Program Director should be included on ERAS. We strongly encourage you to obtain a letter of recommendation from a primary care sports medicine physician.
- Supporting documents such as printed sports medicine conference brochures listing your presentation or abstract, copies of a medical license (if applicable), etc should be emailed to Susannah.Briskin@UHhospitals.org.
- The AMSSM Code of Ethics for the Match – available at: http://www.amssm.org/Content/pdf%20files/Code_Ethics_4_Match-ERAS.pdf must be signed and emailed to Susannah.Briskin@UHhospitals.org.
Any questions about the application or the application process can be directed to: Susannah.Briskin@UHhospitals.org.
Policy on Hiring Non-Tobacco Users
University Hospitals is committed to the health and wellness of our employees, our patients and our community. As part of these efforts, effective January 1, 2012, we will only hire candidates that do not use tobacco products. All candidates will be required to confirm their non-tobacco use when expressing interest for a job opportunity. Selected candidates for hire will be tested for tobacco use as part of the pre-employment lab screening process already in place.