Why Choose Us
Med-Peds Residency Program Quick Facts:
- Our Med-Peds residency includes 4 residents per year.
- Our leadership includes an independent Med-Peds PGY-5 chief resident, an assistant program director, and a program director.
- Our program includes a Med-Peds consult service in which Med-Peds residents and attendings see complex young adults on both the pediatric and adult wards, assisting in their medical care and providing support and planning for families around the time of transition.
- We have weekly Med-Peds conferences where we gather together for education and fun.
- We rotate at University Hospitals Rainbow Babies & Children's Hospital, University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center, and the Louis Stokes Cleveland VA Medical Center, all within a short walk of one another at University Circle in Cleveland.
- Our graduates consistently match into their top fellowship slots, desired primary care jobs, and academic positions.
- Our program has a completely X+Y resident schedule and robust curriculum.
- Our residents have full access to the many pathways/tracks of our categorical residencies.
Additional Facts about UH Rainbow Babies & Children's Hospital:
- Affiliate of Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, one of the top research-oriented medical schools in the nation.
- Ranked one of America's Best Children's Hospitals by U.S.News & World Report every year since 1991 and the inception of the rankings.
- Northern Ohio's only designated Level I Pediatric Trauma Center and one of two Level I Trauma Centers for adults.
- The Quentin & Elisabeth Alexander Level IV Neonatal Intensive Care Unit has a 96 percent survival rate - one of the best in the nation - and is widely regarded as an international leader in the treatment of critically ill and extremely low birth-weight babies. This ranking sustains a rich history of pre-eminent care for newborns - from pioneering neonatology in the 1960s to opening one of the nation's first family-centered step-down units, which included space for parents to stay with their baby.
- Leading the search for a cure for cystic fibrosis: developing and testing new therapies for cystic fibrosis, including drugs aimed at improving gene and protein function.
- The Angie Fowler Adolescent & Young Adult Cancer Institute, integrated with UH Seidman Cancer Center, is internationally recognized for basic, clinical and translational research, ensuring patients have access to the most advanced therapies FIRST.
- Rainbow Surgical Specialists offer minimally invasive techniques and were among the first in the nation to perform pediatric single-site surgeries.