Questions to Ask Your Doctor During Your First Appointment
At University Hospitals Seidman Cancer Center, we understand that you and your family are scared. You have been diagnosed with cancer. Many times, that is all you hear. We are here to support you from the moment of diagnosis through treatment, survivorship and beyond. Rest assured, we are with you every step of the way.
You and your family may have several questions you want answered. Write down your questions before the visit. Listed below are some of the most common questions. You can use this as a guide for your visit.
- What is the name of my specific cancer?
- What is the stage of my cancer? What does that mean?
- Has it spread to other areas of my body?
- How serious is my cancer?
- How much experience do you have treating my cancer?
- Will I need more tests before treatment begins? Which ones?
- When will I be told my treatment plan?
- What does multidisciplinary care mean?
- What is the goal of my treatment?
- What are my chances of survival?
- Should I get a second opinion?