Observation Program at UH Samaritan Medical Center
The Observation Program at UH Samaritan Medical Center is an opportunity for people who are interested in health care careers to shadow a hospital worker (sponsor) and learn more about the field.
Applicants are required to complete an application, online compliance training and acquire a hospital sponsor, adhere to all health screening requirements and show proof of health care coverage.
To qualify, you must be:
- Age 15 to observe non-patient care areas.
- Age 16 and at least a junior in high school to observe in a patient care area.
- Age 17 and at least a senior in high school to observe a delivery room area.
- Age 18 to observe in the operating room (OR). Other limitations and additional requirements may apply. Please contact the number listed below for more information.
You must meet these requirements before you can participate in the Observation Program:
- Complete the Observation Application Form (PDF)
- Provide a copy of a current photo ID
- Provide a copy of your current health insurance card
- Provide proof of a negative TB test (this only applies for those observing more than one day)
- Provide proof of a flu vaccine (this only applies if you are observing during cold and flu season)
- Complete the required Compliance & Ethics training video
Submit completed documentation by one of these methods:
- Mail to Communications and Development, 663 E. Main St., Ashland, OH 44805.
- Fax to 419-207-2603
- Scan and send by email to Steven.Baldridge@UHhospitals.org