Room Amenities at UH Richmond Medical Center
UH Richmond Medical Center staff is dedicated to ensuring a patient’s stay at our hospital is as comfortable as possible.
Skylight TV Service
Our Skylight access interactive television system is a free service that allows you to watch cable television and movies on demand, play games and access the Internet, all on the television in your room. The system also provides important patient health education and information about the hospital. Use the Skylight remote control attached to your bed to navigate the system. For instructions and a channel directory, please refer to the guide on your nightstand. To access the Internet, ask your nurse for a wireless keyboard.
Patients have complimentary in-room telephone service with unlimited local calls. Your in-room telephone includes a volume control on the handset.
To call outside the hospital:
- Local calls—Dial 9, then the number.
- Long-distance calls—Dial 0 and the operator will assist you. You will be asked if you want to call collect, charge to your home phone or use a prepaid calling card. If you have questions, please ask your nurse. (You will be charged for making long-distance calls.)
To call within the hospital:
- Dial the three-digit phone number (for example, 141).
UH Richmond Medical Center is pleased to provide free wireless high-speed Internet access for our patients and guests. To connect, please follow these steps:
- Turn on your laptop or other Wi-Fi device with wireless enabled
- Connect to the wireless network “UH_Guest”
- Launch your web browser and go to the website UHhospitals.org
- If you do not see the UH welcome page, you may need to configure the SSID or network name to “UH_Guest”
Limited Internet access is also available via the Skylight television system. To use it, just ask your nurse for a wireless keyboard. For technical support, please call 1-888-304-9131. (Dial 0 and the operator will assist you with this call.)
Cell phones may be used throughout the hospital. Please respect the privacy and dignity of others.