Curriculum & Features
The residency program’s extensive training curriculum covers all phases of podiatric medicine and surgery and is tailored to each participant’s special interests, including wound care and limb salvage. Learners experience the same core rotation specialties and didactics as any osteopathic or allopathic medical school graduate.
- Internal medicine: Three months
- Radiology: One month
- Anesthesiology: Two-four weeks
- Emergency medicine: One month
- Sports medicine (includes physical medicine and rehabilitation)
- Behavioral medicine
- Infectious disease/wound care (includes dermatology)
- Community medicine
- General surgery (includes vascular, plastic, orthopaedic and podiatric)
- Pathology (lab)
Years Two and Three
Dedicated to hands-on, inpatient podiatric surgical experiences with podiatric, orthopaedic, vascular and plastic surgeons in hospital and surgery center ORs.