Hospice Volunteer Opportunities in Portage County with UH Portage Medical Center
UH Hospice is growing in Portage County and we are seeking compassionate volunteers to join our team of caring volunteers and staff. Hospice volunteering is rewarding and you will know you are making a difference by giving just a few hours a month. No special background is required, only a desire to help us provide the best possible experience for our clients and their loved ones who are seeking to live fully at life’s end.
New this year. Convenient and highly engaging online training option ideal for busy people
Call 216-765-2737 and we will contact you to share more about high impact opportunity.
Learn about hospice volunteering from a volunteer’s perspective.
Current Hospice Volunteer Opportunities Include:
- Vigil presence for Hospice patients at UH Portage Medical Center
- Companionship for patients in nursing facilities
- Providing a few hours of relief for family caregivers
- Veteran to Veteran Volunteers
- Handcrafters to sew, knit or crochet gowns, blankets for patients and memory items for bereaved.