UH Portage Medical Center Awards and Recognitions
Magnet Designation Recognizes Quality Care and Nursing Excellence
University Hospitals Portage Medical Center has been designated as a Magnet facility for the third time by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Magnet recognizes quality patient care and nursing excellence and provides consumers with the ultimate benchmark to measure the quality of care they can expect to receive. Less than 3 percent of hospitals worldwide are Magnet hospitals.
University Hospitals Portage Medical Center embarked on a journey that very few hospitals undertake. We committed ourselves to achieving Magnet status, the gold standard of nursing excellence. We achieved certification in 2006 and, after years of continuous improvement, we maintained this highly regarded recognition today.
Magnet Recognition Program® — Site Visit
UH Portage Medical Center has been designated as a Magnet organization by the ANCC Magnet Recognition Program®. This prestigious designation recognizes excellence in nursing services.
Stroke Center Certification
UH Portage Medical Center is certified by The Joint Commission and has been approved for the Get With the Guidelines® Stroke Silver Plus award with Target: Stroke Honor Roll Elite. This recognition is from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association for meeting rigorous quality measures and providing the latest, evidence-based treatments for stroke patients.
Awards & Recognitions for UH Portage Medical Center Include:
- Level III Trauma Center reverification by the American College of Surgeons (ACS)
- Certified Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission
- Chest Pain Center v5 Accreditation
- UH Portage named a top 20 percent performer in the statewide Ohio Hospital Association 2017 Hospital Occupational Safety Campaign
- The Commission on Cancer (CoC) of the American College of Surgeons granted a three-year accreditation with commendation to UH Portage Medical Center’s cancer program
- Continuing Medical Education Program awarded re-accreditation by the Ohio State Medical Association
- Accredited Laboratory by the College of American Pathology
- Accredited Vascular Testing (Extracranial Cerebrovascular, Peripheral Venous and Peripheral Arterial) by the Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Vascular Laboratories (ICAVL)
- Awarded re-accreditation by the Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of (adult) Echocardiography Laboratories (ICAEL)
- Accredited Hospital by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- Accredited Ultrasound by the American College of Radiology
- Accredited Mammography by the American College of Radiology
- Accredited CT by the American College of Radiology
- Accredited Nuclear Medicine by the American College of Radiology
- Ohio Department of Health Cardiac Catheterization Lab
- Ohio Department of Health Maternity Licensure
- Accredited Lab by the American Association of Blood Banks