Community Outreach and Assistance at UH Parma Medical Center
We have been offering community health and wellness classes since 1986. Based in the UH Parma Health Education Center at 7300 State Road, Parma, our Community Outreach Department strives to provide the highest quality educational opportunities, information, resources and support to members of the community. By improving your own health, you enhance the health of our community as a whole.
The following services are offered to everyone in any community:
- Blood pressure
- Bone density
- Cholesterol (fasting and non-fasting)
- Glucose (blood sugar)
- Peripheral Artery Disease (PAD) & Carotid Artery Disease (CAD)
Classes and Events
- Health talks – Physicians and other clinical experts discuss current health topics
- Yoga classes – Beginner and intermediate levels, including chair yoga
- Parenting classes for new parents, adoptive parents and new grandparents, including Prepared Childbirth, Preparing to Breastfeed, Infant Care, Daddy Boot Camp and Breastfeeding Support Group
- Joint Replacement – For those considering total hip or knee replacement. Call 440-743-4024 for more information.
- Medical Weight Loss and Bariatric Surgery – Physician-supervised program for medical weight loss through the Metabolic Clinic. Call 440-743-2995 for more information.
Outpatient Nutrition Counseling
Individual outpatient medical nutrition therapy to help improve health. A physician referral is required. Call 440-743-2150 for more information or to schedule an appointment.
View our current class schedule with all of the upcoming classes and events.
EMS Training & Disaster Preparedness Institute
EMT Basic, Paramedic, CPR for Healthcare Providers, ACLS and PALS classes available. Day and evening classes available. For more information, call 440-743-4970 or visit our website.