Award-Winning Healthcare at University Hospitals Elyria Medical Center
UH Elyria Medical Center has received numerous awards over the years for quality of care, operational efficiency, financial performance and adaptation to the environment. In addition to a highly respected civic organization, UH Elyria Medical Center is also consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in northeast Ohio.
UH Elyria Medical Center has been named one of the nation’s 100 Top Hospitals by Thomson Reuters 11 times. This award honors hospitals that have achieved balanced excellence in clinical outcomes, patient safety, financial performance and efficiency.
Award-Winning UH Elyria Medical Center Cardiac Program
Our cardiac program has been honored with national recognition from a variety of medical organizations, including:
- The American College of Cardiology Foundations’ NCDR ACTION Registry
- GWTG Gold Performance Achievement Award
- Thomson Reuters 100 Top Hospital for Cardiovascular Services
- One of Healthgrades America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Coronary Intervention™ for three years in a row (2012-2014)
- Ranked by Healthgrades among the top 5 percent in the nation for Coronary Interventional Procedures for two years in a row (2013-2014)
Health & Fitness Center Receives Industry Awards
The Fitness Center has received awards as Best Fitness Center, Best Day Spa, and Best Personal Trainer from both the local Best of the West and Best of Lorain County awards. It has been named a “Top 100” club in the nation from Club Industry, and has also been awarded Program Innovation awards in recent years from the Medical Fitness Association.