March of Dimes
The Ohio Nurse of the Year awards program, sponsored by March of Dimes, honors nursing excellence and achievements in 25 categories including research, education, quality patient care, innovation and leadership. This year, finalists represent more than 35 health systems, universities and health departments across Ohio.
Four of our finalists made the trip to Columbus with directors and our CNO to celebrate with all the Ohio winners, including UH’s own Marcie Niemi, who won the Quality and Risk Management, Infection Control and Research Category.
Eleven UH Nurses were named Ohio Nurse of the Year Award finalists:
- Jennifer Economus, UH Ahuja Medical Center (General Medical/Surgical category)
- Jenna Flick, UH Ahuja Medical Center (Rising Star category)
- Christine Garrett, UH Bedford Medical Center (Educator – Health Care Delivery category)
- Leigh Ann Graham, UH Cleveland Medical Center (General Medical/Surgical category)
- Cathy Knorzer, UH St. John Medical Center (Nurse Leadership category)
- Amanda Musial, UH Seidman Cancer Center at UH Geauga Medical Center (Oncology category)
- Marcie Niemi, UH MacDonald Women’s Hospital (Advance Practice category)
- Christine Reprogle, UH Sharon Health Center (Oncology category)
- Ashley Rohde, UH MacDonald Women’s Hospital (Women’s Health category)
- Tracy Schwab, UH Cleveland Medical Center (Advanced Practice category)
- Laura Wilson, UH Conneaut Medical Center (Nursing Informatics category)