Visiting Hours at UH Ahuja
University Hospitals Ahuja Medical Center in Beachwood, OH encourages family members and friends of patients to visit frequently. We set visiting hours with our patient’s best interest in mind. The schedule gives individuals many opportunities to spend time with family and friends during recuperation.
Visiting hours can be tailored to meet the needs of our patients and their loved ones. Please check with the nurse for details. We ask that visitors who are not feeling well (with a fever, cough or other symptoms of illness) refrain from visiting until symptoms subside.
General UH Visitation Guidelines
- Please check with the nurse for any specific visitation guidelines for your nursing unit.
- Our recommendation is to limit the number of support persons (visitors) at any one time. Our suggestion is two per patient.
- Please check with nursing personnel before visiting with children and infants.
- Please don’t visit if you are sick or might have a cold or other illness.
- Ensure that children who visit are supervised by an adult other than the patient.
- Keep voices low.
- Please do not bring latex balloons to the hospital.
Medical Surgical Unit
- Open visitation 24/7 unless a patient's condition warrants limitations. A UH Ahuja Medical Center staff member will discuss any restrictions with the patient and his or her family on an individual basis.
- Up to four visitors are allowed at one time.
- Children under 18 years of age may visit when accompanied by an adult.
- Children under 12 years of age must be accompanied and supervised by an adult family member or friend.
- The adult is responsible for the children’s safety and must attend to them at all times.
Intensive Care Unit
- We offer family and friends open visitation hours depending on a patient’s condition and activity within the unit. The number of visiting hours may be restricted as deemed necessary
- Up to two visitors are allowed at one time.
- We ask visitors to use the phone outside the intensive care unit (ICU) entrance to check with the nurse prior to visiting.
- Visitors may be asked to step out of the unit during medical procedures.
- Children under the age of 12 years are permitted only under special circumstances and with approval from the nurse manager, nursing supervisor or charge nurse.
- Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
For information such as directions around the hospital, a telephone number to a patient's room or help getting in touch with a nurse manager:
- Contact patient information at 216-593-0610.
- Stop by the information desk in the main lobby.