UH Rainbow & Maternity Patients & Visitors
Please note: Visitors who screen positive for symptoms of respiratory illness and a temperature of greater than 100.0 F degrees will not be allowed to enter.
UH is observing universal masking guidelines, which means everyone -- patients, employees and visitors -- in all facilities must wear a mask. Visitors who cannot or will not wear a cloth mask at all time will not be allowed to enter or remain in a UH facility.
It’s important for visitors, vendors and patients to bring their own masks when possible. This will help sustain the number of cloth masks available at screening checkpoints when entering a UH facility.
UH is following these guidelines to protect our staff, patients and community:
For Rainbow patients
- Visitors are limited for the duration of the patient's stay to the same two adult visitors who will be screened.
- Only one visitor will be allowed to spend the night with the patient and will be screened.
- Visitors will be screened every time they visit and minimally every 24 hours if they spend the night.
- For patients being treated for suspected or positive COVID-19, the visitor must wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment and will be supported to stay with the patient in their room for the duration of the admission.
For maternity patients
- Limited to two adult visitors during the labor and delivery period, and the same one adult visitor for the remainder of their hospital stay.
Are You Pregnant and Worried About COVID-19?
Pregnant women may be at higher risk for more serious illness from COVID-19, the coronavirus disease spreading here and around the world.