General Visitor Information
To protect our staff, patients and community, UH is following these guidelines system-wide.
Please note: Visitors who screen positive for symptoms of respiratory illness and a temperature of greater than 100.0 F degrees will not be allowed to enter.
- For patients on general medical floors, no visitors will be allowed.
- For COVID-19 patients, no visitors, with no exceptions.
- For UH Seidman Cancer patients, no visitors will be allowed at any inpatient or outpatient facility.
- For Rainbow patients
- Visitors are limited to the same two adult visitors for the duration of the patient's stay and will be screened.
- Only one visitor will be allowed to spend the night with the patient and will be screened.
- Visitors will be screened every time they visit and minimally every 24 hours if they spend the night.
- For maternity patients
- Visitors are limited to the same one adult visitor for the duration of the patient's stay and will be screened.
- For surgical patients, one visitor will be allowed on the day of surgery only and will be screened.
- For ambulatory health centers, physician offices and urgent care, one visitor will be allowed for the appointment and will be screened.
- For inpatient psychiatric floors, no visitors will be allowed.
- For inpatient acute rehab floors, patients being discharged to home are limited to one patient care partner within three days of discharge for hands-on training.
- For emergency department patients, no visitors will be allowed. Exceptions will be made for patients:
Patients younger than age 18 will be allowed the same one adult visitor during the evaluation.
- Who have screened negative for COVID-19
- Are older than age 18 and are unable to actively participate in their care
Upon arrival, all visitors must check in at the front desk and be screened for:
- Exposure or contact with COVID-19 suspected or diagnosed individuals in the last 14 days.
- Visitor's temperature must be less than 100.0 degrees F and visitor must be free of flu symptoms: no cough, runny nose, diarrhea or shortness of breath. Any visitor who screens positive will not be allowed to enter the facility.
- Travel history -- No travel internationally, to New York City or on a cruise ship in the past 14 days.
- Visitors will not be allowed to enter the facility if they screen positive for COVID-19.
- No minor visitors (younger than age 18) will be allowed.
- All visitors will need to sign in to the visitor log with contact information, travel and symptom screening.
- All visitors may be subject to temperature assessment.
- Exceptions will be made on a case-by-case basis for birth, pediatric and end-of-life care and require approval by the chief medical officer or chief nursing officer. These visitors will be screened, and must be fever- and flu symptom-free; they will not be allowed to enter the facility if they screen positive.
Accessing UH Cleveland Medical Center
These entrances will be open to visitors and patients at UH Cleveland Medical Center:
- Bolwell – Main Lobby entrance
- Bridge from Visitor Lot 2 in Lerner Tower
- Emergency Department – Visitor entrance
- Horvitz Tower – Main Lobby entrance
- Lerner Tower – Main Lobby entrance
- Seidman Cancer Center – Main Lobby entrance