Award Program Details
One Harrington Prize winner is chosen each year. The prize includes:
- An unrestricted $20,000 honorarium
- The Harrington Prize Lecture, delivered at the 2019 AAP-ASCI-APSA Joint Meeting
- Participation at the annual Harrington Discovery Institute Symposium
- A personal essay, published in the Journal of Clinical Investigation
To be eligible for the award, a nominee must meet the following requirements:
- Hold an MD or MD/PhD (or equivalent)
- Need not be an ASCI member
- No age or citizenship requirement
- Self-nomination is not permitted
- Must be available to deliver a lecture at the AAP-ASCI-APSA Joint Meeting
- Must submit a personal essay for publication in the Journal of Clinical Investigation
Late or incomplete nominations will not be accepted for any reason, other than issues with the Harrington Discovery Institute’s submission system. Nominations received by HDI after the deadline will not be reviewed.
Any questions should be directed to HDIQuestions@HarringtonDiscovery.org.