High-Risk Lung Surgery
Philip Linden, MD
Jason Robke, MD; Christopher Towe, MD; Luis Argote-Greene, MD; Mitchell Machtay, MD; Tithi Biswas, MD
Dominique Wheatley, RN 216-844-0065
Please call 216-844-0065.
For hospital transfers, please call 216-844-1111.
- Lung cancer
- Indeterminate lung nodule
- Lung cancer in the elderly and in patients with end-stage emphysema
- Airway strictures and cancer
- VATS (video-assisted thoracic surgery) lobectomy
- VATS sublobar resection for patients with severe emphysema
- Endoscopic therapies, including laser, argon beam and stenting for airway strictures
- Advanced noninvasive diagnostic modalities, including EBUS (endobronchial ultrasound) and navigation bronchoscopy
- Multidisciplinary care, including interventional pulmonologists, minimally invasive surgeons, radiation oncologists and medical oncologists
- Peri-operative lobectomy mortality rate of just 0.22 percent, one-fifth the national average for tertiary care hospitals