Forms & Templates
New Protocol Submission review requests, including Human Research Determinations, Exemptions, HUDs and Emergency Use requests must be submitted for review in the SpartaIRB System (https://spartairb.case.edu).
In SpartaIRB, much of the information about your study will be submitted to the IRB in a protocol template document that is a Microsoft Word file. When submitting in SpartaIRB, the use of one of these templates is REQUIRED.
Please use these documents to prepare your study for submission to the UH IRB.
- HRP-503BIO: Biomedical Protocol template
- HRP-503SBER: SBER Protocol template
- HRP-503DATA: Chart Review Data + Specimens Protocol template
- HRP-503NHR: Non-Human or Non-Research Protocol template
- HRP-503RLY: Relying Institution Protocol template
- HRP-503SUPP: Supplement for Biomedical Clinical Sponsored Protocols template
Download the protocol templates from the SpartalRB Library under the Templates tab (login required)
“Becoming a Research Volunteer” Brochure: This brochure, created by the Office of Human Research Protection (OHRP), explains what research is. It is recommended that this brochure is given to potential participants.
Templates for Consent Documents
- HRP-506ASSENTC – TEMPLATE – CWRU Assent
- HRP-506ASSENTUH – TEMPLATE – UH Assent
- HRP-506BIO – TEMPLATE- UH BIO Consent Template
- HRP-506CANCER – TEMPLATE – UH Cancer Informed Consent Document Template
- HRP-506EU – TEMPLATE – Consent Document – Emergency Use
- HRP-506SBER – TEMPLATE – CWRU Social & Behavioral Informed Consent Document Template
Download the consent and assent templates from the SpartaIRB Library under the Templates tab (login required).
Adverse Event Reporting Forms and Information
Please refer to the Investigator Manual for IRB Submissions for reporting requirements.