Have a question for us? Here are some of the most frequently asked by our friends about giving to University Hospitals. If your question is not addressed in the information below, please feel free to contact us directly at 216-983-2200.

What types of gifts can I make to University Hospitals?

There are many ways to give to UH. Your contribution can take the form of an annual gift, honorary or memorial gift, matching gift, online gift or planned gift. You can also support the mission and vision of UH by volunteering or through participation in benefit events.

Get more information on the many ways you can make a gift to UH.

Will my company match my gift to University Hospitals?

Some companies match their employees’ charitable contributions to non-profit organizations such as UH. Contributions are tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowable. Learn more about matching gifts at UH.

What types of gifts offer the greatest tax advantages for a donor?

In most cases, gifts to University Hospitals offer a number of tax advantages. Gifts of appreciated securities are among the most advantageous types of gifts in terms of tax benefits. Please visit our Gift planning web site for more information on gifts that carry tax advantages, or contact our Gift Planning team at 216-983-2200 for more information.

Can I designate my gift to University Hospitals for a specific area?

While UH prefers gifts of unrestricted funds that can be directed to areas of greatest need, you can designate your gift to any area of UH. See Designate Your Gift.

What is the minimum gift needed to establish an endowed chair?

An endowed chair may be established at University Hospitals with a gift of $1.5 million. A master clinician can be established with a gift of $1.25 million. Please contact our Gift Planning team at 216-983-2200 for more information on endowments at UH.

How can I make a gift to University Hospitals and receive income?

There are a number of gift planning options, such as gift annuities, charitable remainder unitrusts or annuity trusts, which can provide income for you, your spouse or and other individuals. Please contact our Gift Planning team at 216-983-2200 for more information on life income gifts.

I want to mail my gift to University Hospitals. To what address do I send it?

You can send your gift to:

University Hospitals 
Institutional Relations & Development
P.O. Box 94554
Cleveland, OH 44101-4554

Give Now

To find out more about how you can make a difference at UH, contact us: