About Home Care
How can you Be The Difference in Home Health Care?
Working within Home Care gives you the opportunity to have the best of all worlds. You will have the opportunity to work independently, offering one-on-one personalized care within a diversified work environment. You will be offered the flexibility in patient scheduling while still enjoying the benefits and resources of working for a large health system. University Hospitals Home Care Services is one of the largest agencies in Ohio, serving over 15,000 people annually.
Forge a partnership of wellness with patients, providing the same exceptional quality care they’d receive in our hospital facilities—in the comfort and familiarity of their own homes. Add your talents to a world-class team recently named to the 2009 HomeCare Elite, the only performance recognition of its kind in the home health care industry.
Become a vital resource for the safe, rapid and comfortable home-based recovery of our patients. There are plenty of opportunities for skilled allied health professionals to Be The Difference with a career in Home Care with us, including:
- Home Care Nurses—assure a smooth transition for patients between the hospital, outpatient setting, emergency room, ambulatory clinics, assisted living facility, or nursing home, and their own homes. Working closely with the doctors, they coordinate treatment and provide regular patient updates. Working closely with the families, they serve as a vital resource in the planning and provision of quality, home-based care.
- Home Care Pharmacists—work closely with our top-notch medical staff, dispensing intravenous, injectable and oral medications to patients receiving care at home for a variety of conditions.
- Home Care Aids (Private Duty)—an elite force of compassionate, skilled and nonskilled allied health pros, providing care for adult patients from two to 24 hours a day, up to seven days a week, all in the comfort of their own homes. CPR-certified, competency-tested and supervised by RNs, our Home Care Aids receive continuous educational opportunities to ensure their care capabilities are of the highest standard.
- Rehabilitation Specialists—work with a team of physical, occupational and speech therapists who have the highest outcomes rating in Northeast Ohio and whose primary goal is to help patients of all ages achieve an optimal level of functional independence. Working in collaboration with physicians and other members of the home care team, our therapists are able to Be The Difference in peoples’ lives every day.
- Infusion Specialists—highly trained professionals focused on ensuring home care patients receive fluids and medications vital to their therapy, without the inconvenience or costs of a hospital visit. From patients with serious infections, cancer and cancer-related pain, stomach or digestive problems, heart failure, immune disorders, growth hormone deficiencies and more, our infusion specialists have the opportunity to Be The Difference for a wide patient population.