Research & Clinical Trials
Leadership in Research and Clinical Trials
Experts from University Hospitals Neurological Institute’s Brain Health & Memory Center have produced textbooks, textbook chapters and many articles in peer-reviewed journals related to the field of neurology. Examples include Diagnostic Criteria in Neurology and The Little Black Book of Neurology: A Manual for Neurologic House Officers.
Members of our team are also committed to studying and developing promising therapies in the field of brain health, memory and cognition.
Some past and current research projects include:
- Drug studies in Alzheimer’s disease and frontotemporal dementia
- Multiple studies of the genetics of Alzheimer’s disease
- A study designed to determine the effect of cataract surgery on the Alzheimer patient's quality of life, vision and cognition
- A study that examines how brain imaging technology can help measure the progression of mild cognitive impairment (MCI) and early Alzheimer's disease
- Studies evaluating the safety and effectiveness of Dimebon in patients with mild to moderate Alzheimer’s disease on donepezil (Aricept)
- Studies of depression in caregivers of Alzheimer’s disease patients
- Assessment of caregiving methods and outcomes
- Studies of the genetics of Alzheimer’s disease