Harrington Scholar-Innovator Program
Harrington Scholar-Innovator Program Supports Physician-Scientists to Improve Standards of Care
The Harrington Scholar-Innovator Award recognizes physician-scientist innovators throughout the U.S. whose research has the potential to change standard of care. The Scholar-Innovator Award provides research and drug development funding as well as non-financial support to selected innovators and their institutions to help bridge the gap between basic discovery and clinical introduction.
Up to 12 Harrington Scholar-Innovator awards will be made each year through a competitive selection process. Awardees are selected by the Harrington Discovery Institute’s Scientific Advisory Board.
Multi-Level Support for Research Grant Recipients
Harrington Discovery Institute is committed to providing Scholar-Innovator awardees with a full level of support, including:
- Up to $700,000 over two years ($100,000 guaranteed)
- Additional funding according to the needs of specific projects
- Project management support through our Innovation Support Center.
Support for innovators includes:
- Consulting services from highly experienced drug development personnel
- Business and commercialization advice
- Clinical development advice
- Regulatory assistance
- IP review and advice
- Assistance identifying and securing additional financial support based on project needs
Continued Innovator Support
Once we have a contract in place, Harrington Discovery Institute’s Innovation Support Center Director will contact you to set up an initial face to face meeting. The goal of the meeting will be to help put your drug development plan into action and to introduce you to the resources of the Innovation Support Center that will be made available to you. A project coordinator from the Innovation Support Center will serve as your point of contact.
Clinical research awards are made conditional on applicant meeting the terms of the grant agreement. Please see the Scholar-Innovator Grant Policies for more information.