Harrington Scholar-Innovator Program
Harrington Scholar-Innovator Program Supports Physician-Scientists to Improve Standards of Care
The Harrington Scholar-Innovator Award recognizes physician-scientist innovators throughout the U.S. whose research has the potential to change standard of care. The Scholar-Innovator Award provides research and drug development funding as well as non-financial support to selected innovators and their institutions to help bridge the gap between basic discovery and clinical introduction.
Up to 12 Harrington Scholar-Innovator awards will be made each year through a competitive selection process. Awardees are selected by the Harrington Discovery Institute’s Scientific Advisory Board.
Multi-Level Support for Research Grant Recipients
Harrington Discovery Institute is committed to providing Scholar-Innovator awardees with a full level of support, including:
- $100,000 guaranteed, opportunity to qualify for up to $700,000/2 years
- Pharmaceutical industry drug development expertise and project management support through our Innovation Support Center
- Connections to pharmaceutical commercialization partners
Support by Harrington Discovery Institute’s Innovation Support Center includes:
- Consulting services from pharma-experienced drug development professionals covering a wide range of specialty disciplines.
- Additional access to professional consultations for IP strategy and commercial and market assessment.
- Consideration for supplemental funds from the Harrington Discovery Institute to advance projects
- Facilitated access to BioMotiv and other strategic partners for future development
- Access to resources including CROs and drug discovery centers that can provide:
- Assay development and High throughput screening (HTS)
- Medicinal chemistry
- Preclinical development including toxicology, safety pharmacology, and DMPK
- Pharmaceutical development including formulation and regulatory strategy
Harrington Scholar-Innovator Awards are made conditional on applicant meeting the terms of the agreement. Please see the Scholar-Innovator Award Policies for more information.