The Harrington Prize for Innovation in Medicine
For Notable Achievements for Innovation, Creativity and Potential for Clinical Application
The American Society for Clinical Investigation (ASCI), established in 1908, is one of the nation's oldest and most respected medical honor societies. The ASCI is dedicated to the advancement of research that extends the understanding and improves the treatment of human diseases, and its members are committed to mentoring future generations of physician-scientists.
Harrington Discovery Institute at University Hospitals in Cleveland, Ohio – part of an international initiative called The Harrington Project for Discovery & Development, is a nonprofit medical institute dedicated to physician-scientists, enabling them to transform breakthrough insights into novel therapies that enhance patient care. The Harrington Project is fueled by $250 million in donations and other funding, including $50 million from the Harrington Family.
Learn more about The Harrington Project.
The Harrington Prize, presented by the American Society for Clinical Investigation and Harrington Discovery Institute, honors a physician-scientist who has moved science forward with achievements notable for innovation, creativity and potential for clinical application.
Prize: $20,000 unrestricted honorarium
- Must hold an M.D. or equivalent degree
- Need not be an ASCI member
- No age or citizenship requirement
- Self-nomination is not permitted
- Must be available to deliver a lecture at the 2017 ASCI/AAP Joint Meeting on April 21-23, 2017
- Must submit a personal essay for publication in the October 2017 issue of the Journal of Clinical Investigation
- Quality of Science
- Potential for Clinical Impact
Nomination Deadline: August 29, 2016
- Complete online nomination form, including a 250 – 500 word description of achievement notable for innovation, creativity and clinical application. Nominate Now.
- Investigator’s NIH/similar-format biosketch
- Brief bibliography of up to 10 best references
- Letter from the nominee confirming availability to lecture at 2017 ASCI/AAP Joint Meeting
- One letter of support from the Dean, Provost, or President of the investigator’s institution
Questions should be directed to Natalie Haynes, Program Director at Natalie.Haynes@HarringtonDiscovery.org.
Incomplete nominations will not be presented to the nomination committee.