The Harrington Prize for Innovation in Medicine
For Notable Achievements for Innovation, Creativity and Potential for Clinical Application
The American Society for Clinical Investigation (ASCI) established in 1908, is one of the nation's oldest and most respected medical honor societies. The ASCI is dedicated to the advancement of research that extends the understanding and improves the treatment of human diseases, and its members are committed to mentoring future generations of physician-scientists.
The Harrington Discovery Institute at University Hospitals Case Medical Center, part of a national initiative unveiled in February 2012 called the Harrington Project, is a nonprofit medical institute dedicated to physician-scientists, enabling them to transform breakthrough insights into novel therapies that enhance patient care. The Harrington Project is fueled by $250 million in donations and other funding, including $50 million from the Harrington Family.
Learn more about the Harrington Project.
The Harrington Prize, presented by the American Society for Clinical Investigation and the Harrington Discovery Institute at University Hospitals Case Medical Center, honors a physician-scientist who has moved science forward with achievements notable for innovation, creativity and potential for clinical application.
Prize: $20,000 unrestricted honorarium
- Must hold an M.D. or equivalent degree
- Need not be an ASCI member
- No age or citizenship requirement
- Self-nomination is not permitted
- Must be available to deliver a lecture at the 2015 ASCI/AAP Joint Meeting on April 24 - 26, 2015
- Must submit a personal essay for publication in the April 2015 issue of the Journal of Clinical Investigation
- Quality of Science
- Potential for Clinical Impact
Nomination Deadline: August 15, 2014
- Completed nomination form, including a 250 – 500 word description of achievement notable for innovation, creativity and clinical application
- Investigator’s NIH/similar-format biosketch
- Brief bibliography of up to 10 best references
- Letter from the nominee confirming availability to lecture at 2015 ASCI/AAP Joint Meeting
- One letter of support from the Dean, Provost, or President of the investigator’s institution
All submissions should be emailed to Natalie.Haynes@UHhospitals.org.
Incomplete nominations will not be presented to the nomination committee.