Innovation Support Center
The Innovation Support Center, an integral part of the nonprofit Harrington Discovery Institute, makes available powerful resources to Harrington Discovery Institute physician-scientists to efficiently advance projects toward clinical introduction.
The goal of the Innovation Support Center is to improve the commercial viability of discovery to the benefit of patients.
The Innovation Support Center provides infrastructure to support Harrington Scholars to create an environment that
- Enhances potential for commercial success
- Maintains momentum for projects that meet critical milestones
- Increases the number of clinically useful drugs
The Innovation Support Center will work closely with institutional technology transfer and business development offices to optimize IP protection and will work collaboratively with university colleagues to evaluate potential for new venture creation and assist in its implementation.
The Innovation Support Center’s activities include:
- Advising physician-scientists on crucial elements of clinical and commercial development, assessing commercial potential, and connecting Harrington Scholar-Innovators with a network of industry experts;
- Improving access to institution-based and other technology resources through collaborative, multi-institution alliances;
- Identifying and securing funding to bridge projects across the critical translational threshold from laboratories to commercialization vehicles;
- Managing projects across participating laboratories, institutions and commercial partners; and
- Identifying the most efficient vehicles to advance projects beyond academia, including company creation, sponsored research agreements and IP augmentation.
The Innovation Support Center engages with all potential project stakeholders including:
- Institutional technology transfer offices
- Institution-based technical support centers (genomics, screening, and so on)
- Commercial contract research organizations
- Expert consultants – drug development, IP, regulatory, and other