Quality Patient Experience at University Hospitals Seidman Cancer Center
The staff of University Hospitals Seidman Cancer Center is dedicated to making your hospital stay as comfortable as possible.
Where to Check In
If you enter UH Seidman Cancer Center through the main doors, you will be in the Lobby. Go to the Adelman Family Welcome Center in the Lobby. A staff member will direct you to the area you need.
If you enter on the First Floor, you will be in the Robinson Family Pavilion. Take the stairs or elevators down one floor to reach the Adelman Family Welcome Center.
Learn About Your Care
We respect your right to receive information about your health care that you and your family can understand.
Please let our staff know:
- What language you prefer to use for talking about your health care.
- If you and/or the person you have chosen as your health care decision maker needs an interpreter or a translator.
- If you need help filling out any forms.
- If you have a hearing, speech, visual and/or mobility impairment that requires an aid, service or extra assistance.
- If you need help to understand your health care information.
- If you have any other needs that require help or that are not being met.
If you are unable to make your own health care decisions, then the person you have chosen as your health care decision maker should notify us of any of
the above needs that they may have.
The patient advocate is an additional point of contact to assist you and your family with concerns, expedite services and provide emotional support. They can help with various issues, including communication, policies and procedures, quality of care, safety, lost items, advanced directives and even general information about the hospital and our communities. If you encounter a problem, we encourage you to talk directly with your care provider first. If you are still not satisfied, or if you prefer to discuss your concern with a third party, please contact the patient advocate.
Patient Care Advocates, dial 47502 or 216-844-7502
Hours: 8 a.m.-5 p.m