Health Insurance Directory
Expert Help for Navigating Cancer Care Insurance
Handling health care insurance and reimbursement may present numerous challenges for patients. Since cancer care is often complex and multifaceted, managing this condition may involve additional health insurance issues.
University Hospitals Seidman Cancer Center has a team of insurance experts standing by to help patients and families navigate intricate billing, authorization and payment problems.
Because our dedicated specialists deal with health insurance providers every day, they know the ins and outs of the field. They advocate for patients and their doctors, approaching each case with exceptional tenacity and compassion. Our goals include:
- Educating patients and families about coverage and insurance company requirements
- Intervening on behalf of patients when insurance companies reduce or deny coverage
- Explaining the billing and reimbursement process and deciphering complex paperwork
- Managing referrals, letters of medical necessity and other documentation needed for insurance certification
- Overcoming out-of-network challenges
- Calculating deductibles and out-of-pocket expenses
- Determining the best course of action when patients experience financial hardship
Like diagnosis and treatment, there is no one-size-fits-all solution. Each patient is unique. Our insurance experts may collaborate with financial counselors to craft the best solution for every situation.
For More Information
To learn more, please call our Insurance Access Line at 216-983-1500. Patients can also call our customer service line at 216-844-8299 or toll-free at 800-859-5906, Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.