The Autism Center is a Clinical Center of Excellence that brings together a team of professionals from University Hospitals Rainbow Babies & Children’s Hospital and affiliated institutions who are knowledgeable about the diagnosis of autistic disorders and their impact on development, education and the family.
The center’s goal is to raise community awareness and understanding of autistic disorders and to improve the level of services to autistic individuals and family. Here are some highlights of its services:
- Medical and neurological assessment, including evaluation and management of seizure disorders and other neurological problems
- Psychological and neuropsychological evaluation and treatment
- Speech and language evaluation and treatment
- Assessment and management recommendations for related disorders
- Occupational therapy, evaluation and treatment
- Psychiatric assessment and management
All care is provided by members of the Autism Center's multidisciplinary team, including staff members from the areas of developmental-behavioral pediatrics, neurology, neuropsychology, psychiatry, social work, and speech-language pathology.