University Hospitals Portaqe Medical Center encourages visits from friends and family for the patient's well-being. Listed below are visiting hours for various areas of the hospital. Visitation may need to be modified based on the patient's current condition. The nurses on each unit are responsible for facilitating safe, appropriate and convenient patient visitation. Contact patient information at 330-297-2448 for more information.
General Visiting Hours
11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
UH Portaqe Medical Center's standard visitation policy is that only two people may visit a patient at one time. After general visiting hours, all doors to the hospital will be locked. To re-enter the hospital, you must come through the main Emergency Department entrance and obtain a visitor pass from Police and Protective Services. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause, but it is for the safety of our patients and staff. Children under age 14 need permission of the nursing staff and must be accompanied by an adult.
Critical Care (ICU/CCU)
- Families and other visitors are welcome 24 hours a day, according to the patient’s wishes.
- We suggest no more than two visitors at a time Visitors may take turns coming in and out. Number of visitors may change at the request of the patient or nurse.
- Children 14 years and older may visit and must be accompanied by an adult. Please talk to a nurse before a child visits.
- No food or beverages permitted. Visiting hours may be delayed due to procedures, physician rounds and emergencies. Please let us know if you have questions about visiting.
Children's at UH Portage Medical Center (Pediatrics)
Parents and grandparents are welcome 24 hours a day.
Children under age 14 need permission of the nursing staff and must be accompanied by an adult.
Birth Center (Maternity)
Post Delivery General Visiting Hours: 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. for adults.
No visitors allowed during Nap Time from 1:30 to 2:30 p.m.
By patient request, two support persons are welcome during labor and for the birth. Children under age 14 need permission of the nursing staff and must be accompanied by an adult. Children under 12 months old are not permitted in the Birth Center for the health of the newborns.
- Please do not visit if you have any signs of illness such as fever, chills, sore throat, cough, runny nose, rash, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, etc. Call from home instead.
- Please wash your hands before and after visiting a patient.
- Please respect the privacy and feelings of other patients' family members who are in the family waiting rooms.
- Please be courteous to others by cleaning up after yourself as we share the family waiting rooms.
- Please check with the nurse before you take food or beverages into a patient's room.
- Please use public restrooms, because patient care bathrooms may have collection receptacles or personal items that are private to the patient.
- Respect the judgment of the doctor or nurse if you are asked to leave for any reason, which may include increased activity within the unit, a medical reason or care delivery.
- Please do not use cell phones or pagers while in patient care areas.
Hospital Floor Map (PDF)