Patient Portal FAQ
What is the University Hospitals Portage Medical Center Personal Health Record?
The Personal Health Record (PHR), available through MyUHCare, is a secure, online health management tool that connects you to your UH Portage Medical Center personal health information. It gives patients the ability to:
- View test results and medications
- Access preventative care information
- View home-going instructions from physicians
- Request an appointment
- Refill a prescription
- Send a message to a care provider
- And much more
How do I sign up for the PHR?
At the time of your appointment or during registration, you will be asked to provide the following information:
- Photo ID
- First and last name
- Phone number
- Date of birth
- Email address
The information you provide is confidential and is processed through our secure system at the time of entry. The information you provide to your doctor’s office or during registration will need to match the information you enter to create a user name and password. To create an account, log onto MyUHCare.
Do I need any special computer equipment to use the PHR?
No. All you need is access to a computer, an email account and an Internet connection.
How do I set up an account on the PHR?
Go to your doctor’s office or hospital. Bring a photo ID for proof of identity. Follow the following steps to register for the PHR:
- A staff member in the doctor’s office or at the PHR information desk will ask for your name, date of birth, email address, and last four digits of your Social Security number.
- You will receive an email invitation to set up your PHR account within two business days. If you do not get an invite in two business days, check the SPAM filter or junk folder in your email.
- When you click on the link in your invitation, select Create an Account.
- Select a login method for your PHR.
- Click on the green “FMH Secure Login” icon to create a username and password specifically for your PHR.
- You can also log in with an existing username and password from a Facebook, Google, Yahoo or Microsoft Windows Live account. We never share the information in your PHR with these websites.
- Follow the steps on the screen to complete your registration. When asked for an invite code, use your four-digit birth year.
- To agree to the terms of “Release of Information,” click Accept.
- Your health information will appear in your PHR, ready for you to use.
Printable Instructions for Registering your PHR (PDF)
For your security, the information entered must match the information you provided the hospital/office staff.
Can I get a PHR account for a loved one?
Yes, you can. PHR gives parents and legal guardians of minor children (age 17 years and younger) and guardians of dependent adults access to portions of their medical records. Once the dependent becomes 18 years of age, you will no longer have access to his/her account.
How do I set up a PHR account for my child or legal dependent?
As each person has their own individual health information, you will need to provide your child and/or legal dependent’s doctor’s office with an email address for each person you plan on opening an account for.
Mother would like to sign up her 6-year-old child on the PHR: The mother would need to provide the child’s doctor’s office with the child’s first and last name, phone number (this can be the same number as the mother’s phone), child’s date of birth, and email address.
Free email accounts can be created through www.hotmail.com, www.gmail.com, and www.yahoomail.com.
If I am not a UH Portage Medical Center patient, can I still sign my child or legal dependent up for a PHR account if they are a UH Portage Medical Center patient?
Yes. Please see “How do I set up a PHR account for my child or legal dependent?” to create an account.
When can I access my information on the PHR?
After you have provided your doctor’s office or registration with the appropriate information, you can create an account shortly after.
Can I email my Robinson physician through the PHR?
Is there a charge to having the PHR?
There is no charge. The PHR service is offered complimentary to UH Portage Medical Center patients.
Is my doctor on the PHR?
All UH Portage Medical Center physicians are on the PHR. You can call your doctor’s office to confirm.
Can I refill my prescriptions on the PHR?
What do I need on my computer to use the PHR?
To use the UH PHR, your computer will need to have:
- A web browser:
- Internet Explorer 8+
- Firefox 5+
- Google Chrome 12+
- Safari 5+
- Operating System:
- Windows 7+
- Macintosh OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)