Awards and Recognitions
University Hospitals Portage Medical Center has been designated as a Magnet facility for the second time by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Magnet recognizes quality patient care and nursing excellence and provides consumers with the ultimate benchmark to measure the quality of care they can expect to receive. Less than 3 percent of hospitals worldwide are Magnet hospitals.
UH Portage Medical Center has been recognized as one of the best places to work in Northeast Ohio by the Employers Resource Council for the 12th consecutive year.
- Level III Trauma Center reverification by the American College of Surgeons (ACS)
- The Commission on Cancer (CoC) of the American College of Surgeons granted a three-year accreditation with commendation to UH Portage Medical Center’s cancer program in 2011, marking the 11th time Robinson Memorial’s cancer program has earned the Community Hospital Cancer Program Accreditation
- Awarded re-accreditation by both the Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Vascular Laboratories (ICAVL) and by the Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Echocardiography Laboratories (ICAEL) through 2014
- Continuing Medical Education Program awarded re-accreditation for four more years as a provider of continuing medical education for physicians by the Ohio State Medical Association Focused Task Force on Accreditation, 2014
- Received the Start! Fit-Friendly Company Award from the American Heart Association, acknowledging the hospital’s employee wellness programs, 2008-2013
- Thirty physicians with privileges at UH Portage Medical Center named to Akron Life Magazine’s list of 2013 Best Doctors
- Maternity Care Best Practice Award by Ohio Lactation Consultation Association, 2013
- UH Portage Medical Center Rehab Center and Sport Clinic earned the FOTO (Focus on Therapeutic Outcomes) Excellence Award for the 3rd and 4th quarters of 2013