Metabolic Weight Loss Clinic
Ending the Weight Loss Struggle with New Direction at University Hospitals Parma Medical Center
New Direction is a program designed for people who have struggled with a variety of weight loss programs and products, without the necessary support to succeed. UH Parma Medical Center’s Metabolic Clinic offers this medically supervised weight loss program that gives each participant the tools to tackle their weight gain and design a healthier future.
Begin the Weight Loss Journey
To move life in a new direction, attend one of the monthly free seminars. Once the initial paperwork is completed, participants will provide their health history and receive an initial clinical evaluation, including blood work and an electocardiogram (EKG). Throughout the program, each participant will meet weekly with our health care team. Attendance at these weekly sessions is the key to weight loss success.
Classes are free and held the first Wednesday of every month at the Metabolic Clinic.
Long-Term Success Through Goal-Oriented Planning
New Direction’s physician-monitored, comprehensive approach includes meal replacements as participants learn how to reintroduce store-bought food to the daily diet. Our specialists spend time teaching each person how to make healthy choices, focusing on good nutrition and exercise.
New Direction focuses on permanent weight loss, achieved by a fundamental behavioral change by the participants and a network of support from UH Parma Medical Center.
Benefits of the New Direction Program
In addition to weight loss, participants of New Direction at UH Parma Medical Center have reported additional health benefits during the program, including:
- Improved blood glucose and cholesterol levels
- Improved appearance and self-image
- Increased energy
- Reduced blood pressure and joint pain
When permanent lifestyle changes are slowly integrated over time, our participants feel better and have a more optimistic path toward longer, healthier lives.
Weight Loss Plan Options for Every Lifestyle
New Direction offers three options to help overweight individuals achieve their weight loss goals:
- Very Low Calorie Diet (VLCD): This option is designed for those with more than 40 pounds to lose. Meal replacements are the sole source of nutrition.
- Low Calorie Diet (LCD): For participants with less than 40 pounds to lose, this moderately regimented diet plan replaces two of three meals with a meal replacement and allows one lean, healthy meal of store-bought ingredients per day.
- Weight-Off-for-Wellness (WOW): This option uses healthy, store-bought foods for those who do not wish to use the meal replacement product to lose weight.
Meeting with a registered dietitian and a fitness specialist, you will learn about making informed, healthy choices during the three phases of the program:
- Reducing: During this initial phase, participants consume meal replacements provided by the program.
- Adapting: Upon approaching your goal weight, you gradually reintroduce store-bought food to your diet.
- Sustaining: Our support and guidance continues once you return completely to grocery bought food.
For More Information About Weight Loss Services
For more information about the weight loss services available at UH Parma Medical Center, or to sign up for the New Directions program, please call 440-743-2995.
Our department is located at:
Medical Arts Center 2, Suite 303
6707 Powers Boulevard
Parma, OH 44129