Requesting a Copy of Medical Records
You may request a copy of your medical record in person by completing and submitting an authorization form. You can download the authorization form online and submit your request using the following methods:
- In Person: Bring the completed authorization form to the Medical Records Department from 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. A photo I.D. is required at the time of the request.
- By Mail: Download and mail your completed authorization form and copy of your photo I.D. to:
University Hospitals Parma Medical Center
Medical Records – Correspondence
7007 Powers Boulevard
Parma, OH 44129
- Phone: Request an authorization form by phone at 440-743-4242 and we can mail it to your home. Faxed requests from patients or legal services will not be processed.
When Will I Receive a Copy of My Medical Record?
Please allow 7 – 10 business days to process your request. Additional time may be needed to process requests for the following reasons:
- The requested information is located off-site
- The authorization form is not properly filled out
- The chart is incomplete at the time of your request
If your request requires a fee, you will be notified of the fee and payment is expected before the record is sent.