Charity and Financial Assistance
University Hospitals Parma Medical Center is committed to providing free care under the Ohio Hospital Care Assurance Program (HCAP) as well as additional charity care and financial assistance to persons who have healthcare needs and are uninsured, underinsured, ineligible for a government program, or otherwise unable to pay, for medically necessary care based on their individual financial situation. Eligibility is determined by total family income/assets. The patient is encouraged to apply for other assistance available to pay hospital charges (Medicaid, Medicare, private insurance) before being discharged.
University Hospitals Parma Medical Center's Charity Care Policy includes:
- Charity care guidelines that provide free care for individuals and families who earn less than 100 percent of the Federal Poverty Level.
- Current Federal Poverty Guidelines can be found at http://aspe.hhs.gov/poverty/.
- Sliding scale fees to provide substantially discounted care for individuals and families who are between 100 and 400 percent of the Federal Poverty Level.
- Discounts are also available for patients with income above 400% of Federal Poverty Level, to uninsured patients and patients that have non-covered, but medically necessary services.
- Hardship policy for those patients who would not otherwise qualify for charity care, but have unique circumstances.
To apply for assistance, please complete the following form and be sure to mail in all required documentation:
Download the Charity Application
For more information about charity care and financial assistance for medical services, please contact Customer Service at 440-743-4292. Customer Service hours are Monday through Friday 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. and Saturday 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.