EMS Education Department
University Hospitals Parma Medical Center Offers a Variety of EMS Education Opportunities
Since 1983, The EMS Education Department at UH Parma Medical Center has produced professionally trained, high-caliber Paramedics and EMT-Basics. Our faculty consists of 15 nationally registered Paramedics, who are currently active full-time in the field of paramedicine and firefighting.
More than 100 students graduate from the EMS Education Department each year. Students may choose between day and evening class sessions to fit class into their daily schedule. Our educational opportunities include:
- Paramedic training: Classes are 12 months long and begin in January and September
- EMT-Basic training: Classes run for 15 weeks and are held in winter, summer and fall
- EMT-Basic Education evening course: Held every winter, summer and fall
- Paramedic refresher class
- EMT-Basic refresher class
Basic EMT classes are held at the following times:
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday morning session: 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday evening session: 5:30 – 9:30 p.m.
Paramedic classes are held at the following times:
- Tuesday and Friday morning session: 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Tuesday and Friday evening session: 5:30 – 9:30 p.m.
Read the full summer 2014 EMT and Paramedic Class Schedule class descriptions and details.
CPR Training and Certification
UH Parma Medical Center’s EMS Education Department is also an approved training center by the American Heart Association for instructor and provider for CPR Training and Certification. Our department offers classes for:
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- International Trauma Life Support (ITLS) Instructor courses in BLS,ACLS, PALS and ITLS
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
For More Information on EMS Education
For more information or to register for an EMS Education class, contact Joe Toth, NREMT-P, at 440-743-4970.
State of Ohio Accreditation #323