About University Hospitals
University Hospitals is a nationally recognized health care system with top-tier training programs approved and accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA), the American College of Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) and the Council of Podiatric Medical Education (CPME).
University Hospitals is:
- Recognized by U.S. News & World Report for excellence in patient care.
- Measured annually since 2005 by the University Health System Consortium quality and accountability study.
- Anchored by University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center, which is:
- One of the nation’s leading academic medical centers.
- Ranked among the top 50 hospitals in the nation in multiple specialties on the Best Hospitals Survey.
- Recipient of the 2012 American Hospital Association-McKesson Quest for Quality Prize. This prestigious award recognizes the top hospital in the nation for leadership and innovation in quality improvement and safety. UH Case Medical Center is the first large, urban academic medical center to earn this coveted prize.
- Affiliate of Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, a nationally recognized leader in medical research and education.
As a result of the system’s completed Vision 2010 initiative, University Hospitals has constructed and opened:
UH Regional Hospitals and UH Parma Medical Center’s Departments of Medical Education represent the heart of all osteopathic and podiatric training offered within UH. Its programs provide the training to become an exceptional DO or DPM in order to serve the growing health care needs within the community. Our training programs are affiliated with Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Kent State University College of Podiatric Medicine and Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine.
Incorporating the comprehensive resources of an acclaimed health care system provides excellent opportunities for osteopathic and podiatric interns, residents and fellows. To offer the widest range of clinical and educational experiences, our training programs are fully integrated at facilities throughout the UH service area, which includes: