How to Sign Up
Signing Up for the UH Personal Health Record
The UH Personal Health Record (PHR) is a safe and secure way to access your medical records online, communicate with your physician, request appointments and prescription refills, and much more. University Hospitals partners with a vendor called FollowMyHealth™ to provide you with access to your medical records.
How Do I Sign Up?
Signing up for UH PHR is easy to do. Just follow these eight steps:
- Go to any UH doctor’s office or hospital. Bring a photo ID for proof of identity.
- A staff member in the doctor’s office or at the PHR information desk will ask for your name, date of birth, email address, and last four digits of your Social Security number.
- You will receive an email invitation from FollowMyHealth™ (email@example.com) to set up your PHR account within two business days. If you do not get an invite in two business days, check the Spam filter or Junk folder for the FollowMyHealth™ email.
- When you click on the Click here to begin link at the bottom of your invitation, you will be taken to the University Hospitals MyUHCare screen. Click the Sign Up and Connect button.
- Create a username and password using the guidelines on the screen. Your email address will automatically default as your username, however you may change your username as desired. When finished, select Confirm and Continue.
- Follow the steps on the screen to complete your registration. When asked for an invite code, use your four digit birth year.
- Click Accept to agree to the terms of Release of Information.
- Your health information will appear in your PHR, ready for you to use.
What Do I Need on my Computer to Use the PHR?
The following browsers are supported by the MyUHCare PHR:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 9.0 or later
- Note: You must use Microsoft Internet Explorer 10.0 or later if you want to view Goals from the Goals tab.
- Moxilla Firefox 38 or later
- Google Chrome 34 or later
- Apple Safari 8.0 or later
FollowMyHealth is compliant with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0, Level A.