Barbara Peterson Ruhlman Women & Newborn Center
The Ultimate Healing Environment for Women, Babies and Families
The newly renovated fourth floor unit of University Hospitals MacDonald Women’s Hospital – home to the Barbara Peterson Ruhlman Women & Newborn Center – brings a new level of patient experience and comfort to women and their families. This beautiful, patient-centered space gives women better access to our unparalleled clinical care in a calming and therapeutic environment.
Women cared for in this unit include:
- High-risk OB patients
- Patients with babies in the NICU
- Patients recovering from GYN surgery
Features and Amenities
The new 20-bed unit features spacious and luxurious private patient rooms with a variety of amenities, including accommodations for caregivers and family members and private bathroom and shower facilities. Our patient rooms are also in close proximity to the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) so families can remain close to their newborns as they are cared for by our expert neonatology team.
Other features of the new unit include:
- A family room, featuring comfortable seating, refrigerator, microwave and other amenities
- A patient lounge, where patients can relax and socialize
- In-unit baby exam room
- In-unit ultrasound room with GYN exam capabilities
- Quiet time, designated hours during which patients will not be disturbed by hospital staff
- Calming music throughout common areas
- Free WiFi
Ideal Healing for Families
This relaxing, spa-like atmosphere creates the ideal patient and family experience, empowering women through comfort, choice and support. At UH MacDonald Women’s Hospital, we recognize family members as fellow care partners who are always included and factored into the care experience. With streamlined care and an environment that embraces the family unit, the Ruhlman Women & Newborn Center offers the ultimate space for healing.