Offering Expert Diagnosis and Treatment for Conditions Affecting Both Mother and Baby
The Barbara Peterson Ruhlman Women & Newborn Center at University Hospitals MacDonald Women’s Hospital provides an unparalleled level of care for pregnant women and their unborn babies. Our specialists treat a wide range of issues that can cause complications during pregnancy, such as bleeding disorders, diabetes, placental issues, and premature labor. We also offer expert care for conditions that can affect the fetus, including prematurity, heart defects, and other anomalies. Learn more about:
Specialized Care for Each Patient
The Ruhlman Women & Newborn Center provides specialized care for each patient at no additional cost. Our patient navigator will:
- Coordinate appointments for moms carrying a baby with anomalies/genetic conditions or moms with complex health issues, as they move through University Hospitals.
- Be a resource and point of contact for referring providers to efficiently coordinate care.
- Provide follow-up about testing and outcomes.
- Summarize health management recommendations and assist patients in understanding the information they need to make appropriate health care decisions.
- Improve patient and family confidence in their knowledge about risks, benefits and responsibilities related to their health care.
- Maintain a relationship with the patient and family through the duration of their care.
Download Patient Navigator Services (PDF) for more information.