Expert Emergency Care in Geneva, Ohio
The Emergency Department (ED) at University Hospitals Geneva Medical Center serves patients with a dedicated clinical emergency staff 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
Designed with input from the emergency department physicians and staff, emergency medical service groups and professional design services, the ED at UH Geneva Medical Center integrates high technology and advanced capabilities with additional comfort features to provide the best in care for the patient’s health and well-being.
Expert Services in an Advanced Facility for Improved Patient Outcomes
UH Geneva Medical Center Emergency Department offers revolutionary care through intuitive patient features, including:
- 12 emergency suites, including two trauma suites
- State-of-the-art nurses station with central monitoring information system
- Separate decontamination room with dedicated external entry
- Negative air examination rooms that are equipped with reverse ventilation to reduce the spread of airborne contaminants
- Large waiting area designed for comfort, with designated privacy areas
- Bedside registration to lessen patient anxiety and maintain privacy
- Enhanced security services in close proximity to ED lobby/waiting room
- MEDEVAC (helicopter) availability for patients who must be airlifted to other facilities or trauma centers for continued treatment after stabilization
State-of-the-Art Equipment for Advanced Imaging and Diagnosis
- Diagnostic Imaging department with MRI, CT and radiology capabilities immediately adjacent to ED for rapid access
- Laboratory services department positioned for rapid access
- Expanded capabilities that allow for faster treatment of chest pain and stroke, dedicated cardiac receiving/sending station enhances communication between the ED physicians, emergency medical services providers, and the catherization lab at University Hospitals Case Medical Center
- Advanced resuscitation and stabilization capabilities
The Emergency Medicine Department at UH Geneva Medical Center serves more than 13,000 patients a year, and is an integral part of the Critical Access Hospital designation of UH Geneva Medical Center by the Federal government. It is a key provider of emergency medical services in a geographic region that is punctuated with federal highways, crossed by a main trunk of railroad transportation, neighbor to a nuclear power plant, bordered by one of the Great Lakes and interspersed with manufacturing plants, farms and recreation areas.
Faster Wait Times When Every Second Counts
With the ED Direct program at UH Geneva Medical Center, a nurse will immediately begin the care experience with our “Quick Reg” patient registration process. After the patient’s symptoms and vital signs are recorded, he or she will be taken to one of our comfortable, state-of-the-art ED examination rooms for swift, detailed assessment of their condition. This includes documenting current medications, allergies and risk factors that may impact care. Our emergency medical staff and board-certified physicians use this information to quickly assess, diagnose and treat the condition and create a plan to return the patient on the road to improved comprehensive health.