University Hospitals Geauga Medical Center Pharmacy Internship Program Trains Students in Pharmacy Practices
UH Geauga Medical Center in Chardon, Ohio, offers a pharmacy internship program to students who are enrolled in undergraduate study and schools of pharmacy. This internship program provides an opportunity to learn about the practice of pharmacy and about the various roles within the pharmacy department.
Students in the pharmacy internship program are involved in both distributive and non-distributive functions.
Distributive functions include several technical responsibilities, including:
- Filling prescription orders
- Preparing IV admixtures
- Restocking Omnicell cabinets
- Returning unused medications
Non-distributive functions include:
- Patient education
- Providing recommendations to improve patient care under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist
- Various department projects