Center for Bone and Joint Reconstruction
Return to Independent Living with the Center for Bone & Joint Reconstruction
At University Hospitals Elyria Medical Center’s Center for Bone & Joint Reconstruction, orthopaedic surgeons who use specialized techniques help patients return to their normal activities of daily life. Unlike other joint replacement programs, our program offers an alternative to traditional joint replacement surgery. The Center provides patients with a goal-oriented, team-motivated environment in which to begin postoperative rehabilitation.
Reserved only for patients undergoing joint replacement, the home-like atmosphere in this department enhances the stay and enables patients to begin their recovery in a comfortable environment.
An Environment Designed to Promote Healing
The Center for Bone & Joint Reconstruction at UH Elyria Medical Center includes features and services designed to create an environment that promotes overall healing and wellness for long-term results. Our unit includes:
- 18 large oversized, private rooms with showers specifically designed for orthopaedic patients
- Amenities in each room to accommodate a loved one overnight
- Complimentary manicure or hairstyle from The Spa at The Center for Health & Fitness
- Multidisciplinary team of surgeons and physicians who use the latest medicines and technology to manage postoperative pain
- On-site rehabilitation area for group therapy
- Special session where guests receive education about their upcoming procedure, as well as information to help prepare them for their discharge home or to a rehabilitation facility. Here, guests enjoy a meal together and get to know one another prior to surgery
Experience a Higher Level of Comprehensive Care
A team of highly trained and respected orthopaedic surgeons, nurses and therapists who specialize in orthopaedic care surround each patient at the Center for Bone & Joint Reconstruction. The latest technologies and innovations in pain management are applied by our surgeons and anesthesiologists, which helps guests through the recovery and healing process.
To learn more about the Center for Bone & Joint Reconstruction, please call 440-326-4677.