The UH Research Credentialing Process Provides Non-UH Personnel Proper Access To UH Patients’ Protected Health Information (UH PHI) Under Institutional Review Board (IRB)-Approved Research Studies
University Hospitals has developed a UH Research Credentialing Process for non-UH personnel, primarily emanating from: Case Western Reserve University, The MetroHealth System, Louis Stokes Cleveland VA Medical Center, Ursuline College, and UH Volunteers.
The UH Research Credentialing process provides:
- Access to UH PHI for IRB-approved research studies
- Grants a UH-based title:
- Research Faculty for MDs and/or PhD’s
- Research Associate for all others
- A UH e-mail address and IT access
- Free access to UH-sponsored research training programs
For detailed information about how to submit your Research Credentialing application please read the Research Credentialing Standard Operating Procedures (SOP). This SOP is a step by step guide explaining the process.