By using translational research (the clinical application of scientific medical research, from lab to bedside), and advancements in biomedicine, we continue to improve industry standards, and quality of patient care. Discoveries are achieved through a combination of federally-funded research, sponsored research agreements with the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device industries, and our award-winning team of investigators.
The effects of research conducted at University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center reach our entire network – so whether you’re treated at our University Hospitals Conneaut Medical Center or University Hospitals Westlake Health Center, you benefit. Recent discoveries helped make possible:
- Improvement in the care of extremely low-weight newborns through a study conducted by the research team at University Hospitals Rainbow Babies & Children’s Hospital.
- Earlier detection of cancer, and other life-threatening diseases, which make possible a slowdown in spread, or total immobilization.
- Increased success in organ transplants and tumor reductions, aided by state-of-the-art technologies.
- Swifter recoveries for adults and seniors who undergo hip and knee replacements, thanks to innovative, minimally-invasive procedures.
- Higher survival rates for patients with metastatic cancer, due to advanced clinical trials held at University Hospitals Seidman Cancer Center.