Occupational Therapy Helps Ease Pain and Maximize Functional Independence
The occupational therapists at University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center help patients maximize independence in activities of daily living such as grooming, dressing, cooking, eating, writing and returning to work following surgery, injury or illness.
Individualized Treatment Interventions Help Return to Function
Our occupational therapists assess each patient’s needs and work collaboratively with the patient to develop an individualized goals and treatment interventions.
Treatment may include:
- Activity and environmental modifications
- Adaptive equipment
- Custom splints and orthotics for the hand and fingers
- Joint protection and energy conservation techniques
- Manual therapy techniques
- Patient and family education
- Scar remodeling and desensitization
- Splinting and orthotics
- Strength, coordination, and flexibility exercises