Frequently Asked Questions

Would I see a foot and ankle specialist for a toenail problem?

No, you would see a dermatologist.

Would I see a foot and ankle specialist for numbness?

No, you would see a neurologist.

How soon should I see a specialist for a foot or ankle problem?

Within 48 hours, if necessary.

If I believe I have a foot or ankle problem, what precautions should I take until I can reach a physician?

Rest the foot and ankle by decreasing your weight-bearing activities and elevating the foot.

What types of surgery do you typically perform?

Although we try to avoid surgery if possible, our foot and ankle specialists have tremendous expertise and experience in all types of reconstructive foot and ankle surgery.

How do I make an appointment?

To schedule an appointment with one of our foot and ankle specialists, call 216-844-7200.

Request an Appointment

Request an appointment with an orthopedic specialist at UH Cleveland Medical Center or call

or use our Online Request Form

Need to Refer a Patient?

Click here for Patient Referrals

Browse Services A-Z

Maps and Directions

Click here for directions