Health Scholars Internship Program
University Hospitals Health Scholars Internships program is a five-week opportunity for underrepresented minority students who are rising ninth graders (must finish eighth grade by June 2017). Interns will meet Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. starting June 12 and will end on July 14. The program includes:
- Shadowing: Participants are assigned to one of nine medical disciplines, such as primary care and pediatrics, and will have the opportunity to spend time working on a project.
- Mentorship: Students will be matched with mentors in their area of interest.
- Experiential learning: Students will engage in hands-on experiences in their assigned work area.
- Meaningful exposure: The program includes participation in events where students will attend social events and experience wonderful cultural resources and museums.
- Support: Health Scholar Interns receive a stipend, all materials needed for the program, vouchers for healthy meals, and transportation passes to attend all events.
You can apply for this program if you are:
- Black/African American or Hispanic/Latino
- Finishing eighth grade by June 2017
- Interested in science and medicine
- Have a GPA of 2.5
Application Opens: Jan 25, 2017
Application Deadline: March 31, 2017
Selection Notification: Before April 28, 2017
Parent Orientation: June 9, 2017
Program Starts: June 12, 2017
Program Ends: July 14, 2017
Request an Appointment
Request an appointment with a specialist at University Hospitals.
or use our
Online Request Form