The Medicare Accountable Care Organization Includes University Hospitals’ Integrated Health System
The UH Medicare accountable care organization, UH Coordinated Care Organization, was approved to participate in the Medicare Shared Savings Program in July 2012. UH Coordinated Care Organization leverages University Hospitals’ integrated health system, including the internationally renowned academic medical center University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center, to provide industry recognized quality care to our Medicare Beneficiaries.
In addition, the UH network of services includes:
- 14 regional medical centers and a rehabilitation hospital
- 35+ outpatient health centers
- Over 200 primary care locations and 1,500 health care providers
Focus on Quality Care
Participating in the Medicare ACO is part of our commitment to providing the northeast Ohio community with quality, personalized, and innovative care. Our Medicare ACO leverages our resources to focus on providing Medicare Fee-for-Service beneficiaries enhanced navigation through the health care system to facilitate timely, appropriate, and high quality health care services.
Through our participation in the Medicare Shared Savings Program at UH, our ACO clinical care coordinators are working with our Medicare ACO providers and Medicare ACO beneficiaries to increase the quality of care, improve the patient experience, and lower the cost of care by:
- Providing personalized care coordination services across the health continuum
- Facilitating more effective physician visits and communication among providers throughout the continuum of care
- Providing beneficiaries with targeted health information and wellness programs that focus on disease prevention
- Helping patients coordinate timely appointments, manage medications and determine appropriate follow-up care
- Improving the efficiency of care delivery
Learn more about our Medicare ACO, UH Coordinated Care Organization.
Please visit www.medicare.gov/acos.html or call 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227 (TTY users should call 1-877-486-2048)) for questions or additional information about Accountable Care Organizations.
Request information from UHCCO by contacting Nathan Hunt at firstname.lastname@example.org or 216-767-8727.